My love for Target is no secret. I look forward to going there for our weekly shopping. Recently (or not so recently, my concept of recent events has changed drastically since I became a Mom) our Target added produce section so we do most of our weekly grocery shopping there. We go to Costco to stock up on the essentials and then hubby goes to the grocery store during the week to pick up any fresh produce/meat we need for dinner. For the record you can find a lot of things much cheaper at Target than at your Shoprite, Stop & Shop or Kings. Plus you can still use coupons.
Since shopping at Target I have come to love some of the store brand items and hate some of the others.
- Target Brand Diaper - OMG. Seriously, so much cheaper and IMO far better than Luvs and Huggies. Equal quality of Pampers for size 1-3, size 4 Target trumps Pampers. I think regular price is $13.69 a pk
- Target Brand Baby Formula - Again huge savings. Half the price of the other brands and you will get coupons at checkout when you buy from time to time. Plus if you get coupons from Target in the mail you will sometimes get a coupon in there as well. It is IDENTICAL to the Enfamil brand just cheaper. Bonus, if you need a specialized formula they also have a variety of those.
- Target Brand Baby Drops - This is the store brand of the Tylenol infant drops that have been subject to a ton of recalls. At least half the price if not more. They offer the dye free drops, cherry and grape. Works great.
- Target Brand Paper Towels - Ridiculously absorbant and they offer the various size sheets for small messes which we use all the time in our house.
- Target Brand Dishwasher Detergent - I was using a much more expensive brand and decided to try it a couple of months ago. Works just as good as the other brand, in fact a little better as I find fewer water spots.
- Target Brand Saline Solution - Tons cheaper than the name brands, same exact thing as Renew? brand according to my eye doctor. $3.19 for a two pack.
- Target Brand Multi-Vitamins - Equal to the Woman's or Men's One A Day but a lot cheaper. Again same thing, less money (this week $4.00)
- Target Brand Aluminum Foil, Freezer Bags, Sandwich Bags, Plastic Wrap. All great and cheaper than the name brand.
- Target Brand Cotton Swabs - They are just awful. I can't stand them and I am about to throw the rest of the box away.
Can't pass the savings:
- Target Brand Tampons - the product itself works great. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The wrapper is very thin and you can not put the throw away part back into it when throwing away. The plunger sometimes is hard to get going, not something you want to be messing with, especially if you only have one tampon left in your purse before you get home. Ahem. That being said they are so much cheaper than the other brands that unless the name brand is on sale (like they were the other day thank you very much $5.00 Target gift card) I buy the Target brand.