Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Miss You

Day 29 of 365

My heart hurts. My eyes sting. I miss you so very much.

I want to see your face again, in person, not in a photograph or from memory.
I want to hear your voice. Oh how I long to hear you tell one of your silly jokes.
I want to hear you say Yorkie Yorkie when you saw Bennie.
I want to hug you and kiss your cheek. I want to be hugged by you.
I want a kiss hello from you. I want to feel your hand in mine.
I want to see your imperfect, perfect smile.
I want to stay on the phone with you just ten minutes longer.
I want to sit at the kitchen table with you for just a few more moments.

I wish you could have been there when I got married.
I wish you could have held Nina in your arms when she was just born.
I wish we could load up the car tomorrow and visit you at the house.

I miss you so much Pop Pop.

I need to hear your voice. And I can't. As hard as I try I can not replay one of the hundreds of things I remember you saying in my head.

I love you Pop Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment