Tuesday, August 17, 2010

my baby

Day 95 of 365

Happy 18 Months Nina!

The Bub is a year and a half today. Some days when I hold her it feels like just yesterday she came into this world. I can't imagine life without her. She is by far the most amazing gift we have been given.

Watching her grow into a little person has been so very fulfilling. She isn't a "baby" anymore. She's a big girl, she has told me so. Hehe, months ago in fact. But honestly the transformation over the last one to two months is incredible. She has learned so much. She can do so much now. Somehow I didn't think kids her age could use straws...I don't know why I thought this but I was proven oh so wrong. Juice box is no problem for her! Using a straw for water, juice or milk...yes please. Oh my, when did my baby turn into a little girl?

My sweet little one who was delayed in walking now sprints down the hall. The 13+ month old who often wouldn't even entertain standing on her own now climbs the couch when she desires.

Feeding yourself is still messy but when you actually will eat you love to try to feed yourself. But you still let us feed you so I am thankful for thank. And while you are getting older you still enjoy a milk bottle and I am okay with that. It will end naturally and I will long for the days of you wanting to lay with me and relax with a ba in hand.

You went to your first, our first too, 4H fair. You loved the animals. We let you walk around and say hi to whichever animal you wanted to greet. You adored the goats, I think we could have stayed in that one section all night.

When we say goodbye to someone you blow kisses. Melt. My. Heart. It is the sweetest thing and you have totally made a few people's days by doing so. Including mine.

Love you Bub. I can't wait to see what you blow me away with in the next 18 months.

1 comment: